Smile It's for Your Health
Smiling is a simple act that has the ability to express a range of positive messages. It’s a wonderful opportunity to share emotions, from happiness and joy to kindness and empathy. Smiling is one of the most universal and powerful nonverbal expressions we can use every day. It has the ability to welcome people into your life and creates an opening for people to enter.
The good news is smiling has other healthy benefits for you beyond just being a social signal?
Today I am sharing just a few of the many benefits of smiling:
1) Sometimes the winter can get us down. Smiling can elevate your mood and reduce stress. When you smile, your brain releases feel-good chemicals called endorphins, which can help to improve your mood and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. This explains why it is often said that "laughter is the best medicine" – because smiling and laughter can trigger the release of endorphins and other feel-good chemicals in the brain. You have the ability to make yourself feel better.
2) Want to find a way that can help avoid those colds or flu? Smiling can boost your immune system: The act of smiling has been shown to increase the production of antibodies in the body, which can help to boost the immune system. It is like a natural dose of Vitamin C.
3) Smiling can initiate friendships and social interactions: It sends a powerful social signal that can help to build trust and strengthen relationships. It’s a welcome sign that lets others know you are approachable and friendly, which can help to foster better social connections with others. There are many opportunities throughout your day that you can stop a moment and look someone in the eye and smile. The clerk in the grocery store, the barista serving you coffee, people you pass in the street.
4) Want to improve how you appear to the world? Smiling can make you look more attractive. Studies have shown that people who smile more often are generally perceived as being more attractive than those who don't. Smiling raises your vibration and lightens your energy. Smiling is associated with positive traits such as kindness and warmth. Traits that people are drawn to and generally want to be associated with. Embrace your smile today, you will love it.
5) Smiling can improve your physical health: In addition to its mental and emotional benefits, smiling has also been shown to have a number of physical health benefits. For example, smiling can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, and even increase lifespan. Better physical health makes you feel better, at healthier and be more active. Contributing to an overall feeling of well being.
6) Want more confidence? Smiling can make you seem more confident: When you smile, you appear more self-assured sending a message of confidence to your team workers and bosses. This can be helpful in a enhancing your position in the professional world. This is also why it's often recommended to smile during job interviews or public speaking engagements – it can help to project confidence and make you seem more likable and trustworthy.
7) Smiling benefits others: Smiling sends out an open invitation letting others know you are friendly and that you see them. Sending a message that you are open to connecting with them. Being recognized creates a positive feeling in the other person increasing the positive healthy benefits for them as well. Smile: Be the one that initiates the connection. Share your smile; you might meet your next best friend!
8) Smiling can improve your overall quality of life: Smiling is a positive energy and the impact of this energy on your overall quality of life will be amazing. When you smile more often, you're likely to experience more positive emotions and have more enjoyable social interactions, which can lead to a greater sense of overall happiness and well-being. I believe increased quality of life is something to smile about.
Wendy’s words for you.....
It has been my pleasure to write this blog for you. A smile is a giving and receiving act of kindness that benefits your life and the people receiving your smile. I hope I have shown you the benefits of smiling to help you live a more fulfilling and healthy life.
The beauty of a smile can bring you many new and exciting possibilities opportunities and friendships both professionally and personally.
It is my heartfelt wish you incorporate the simple act of smiling more into your day.