Are You Drinking Enough Water?
Drinking plenty of water is essential for your overall health. It helps to flush toxins out of your body, transport important nutrients to your cells, and prevent dehydration. Keeping hydrated by drinking plenty of water can help to regulate body temperature, aid digestion, and boost the metabolism.
Drinking water first thing in the morning helps to rehydrate the body after a night of fasting and can help to boost metabolism and energy levels. It also helps to flush toxins out of the body, support digestion, improve skin health, and help to reduce headaches.
The amount of water a person should drink per day depends on their age, weight, activity level, and the climate they live in. As an adult to calculate your bodies needs in water you take your weight and divide it by two to get the number of ounces per day.
Knowing when you are dehydrated so you are able to increase your water intake.
Here are 10 signs you may be dehydrated:
Low urine output
Lack of tears when crying
Check out our shop for beautiful water bottles.
Why is it important to drink adequate amounts of water?
Here are 10 reasons why:
1) Boost Energy Levels: Feeling tired and lack physical energy? Fatigue can be a sign of dehydration. Drinking more water can help boost your energy levels and help you stay alert and focused.
2) Improved Physical Performance: Want better physical energy while working out? When you’re properly hydrated, your body works more efficiently, allowing you to exercise for longer and have better results.
3) Muscle Cramping: Do you experience muscle cramping? When you are dehydrated, your body does not have enough fluids to work properly. Dehydrating can cause the muscles to become strained and lead to painful cramping. It is a very rude way to be awaken in the night.
4) Supports Weight Loss: Want to lose weight? Drinking water can help reduce your appetite and make you feel fuller. A good plan is when you feel hunger, first drink a glass of water. Sometimes when we feel hungry we are actually thirsty. In addition, it increases the calories you burn.
5) Helps Process food: Water helps your body break down the food you eat so the nutrients can be absorbed properly and more efficiently. Drinking plenty of water is a healthy option for processing your food. Drinking plenty of helps flush out toxins and waste products from the body. This helps to keep your organs healthy and functioning properly.
6) Helps to Relieve Constipation: Dehydration can cause the colon to absorb too much water from the stool, making the stool difficult to pass. Drinking plenty of water, exercising, and eating a high-fiber diet can help to prevent and relieve constipation.
7) Promotes Healthy Skin: Want your skin to keep your skin supple? Dehydration can cause your skin to become dry and wrinkled. Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin looking healthy and youthful.
8) Relieves Headaches: Do you suffer from headaches? Did you know dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches? Drinking more water can help reduce the frequency and severity of headaches.
9) Prevents Kidney Stones: Dehydration can increase the risk of developing kidney stones. It has been my experience watching someone with kidney stones that you do not want them. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out toxins and waste products, reducing the risk of developing kidney stones.
10) Be Aware of Products That Dehydrate: Alcohol is dehydrating because it is a diuretic and increases urination. Soft drinks can be dehydrating because they contain caffeine and sugar, which can cause excessive urination and increased water loss. It is important to drink water while consuming alcohol and soft drinks.
Wendy’s words for you…………It has been my pleasure to write this blog for you. I hope you discovered why it is important to know the signs of dehydration and why it is important to drink adequate water to maintain a healthy body.
One fast way I have always relied on is to pinch the skin on the back of your hand and let go, what happens? Does it bounce back down quickly or slowly or stay in place? A well hydrated skin should bounce down quickly.
I have also found drinking a big glass first think in the morning gives me a great start on my water intake for the day.
Did you find the information in this blog informative? Want to read more like this one? Go to our website www.hummingbirdandowl.com and comment on your thoughts. I would love to hear from you and have you join our website.