Taking time to find your passion can be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. It can be a life-changing experience for you. You could find your wonderful sense of purpose and a direction inspires you to create new goals. Discovering an exciting enthusiasm that motivates you to grow and reach a new potential. How do you go about finding your passion? Here are some tips to help you get started:
1) Focus on your strengths and skills: What are you naturally good at? What have you done that doesn’t seem like work, what has come easy for you now and in your past. Assessing your strengths and skills you could discover what you are passionate about.
2) Take the time to experiment and try new things: You may need to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. This can be uncomfortable, that’s ok growth can be uncomfortable. Be assured there is a gain. You may discover a whole new you. Look around and see what is available in your community or online. Consider taking classes, volunteering, or joining a club or group that focuses on an activity or topic you're interested in. You could also find like minded people that can help you along your journey and may become future friends.
3) Ask yourself what do I like doing, what am I interested in: This is a good starting spot for you to identify your passions. Think about what you care about most in life, or what have you cared about in the past. What activities bring you joy and fulfillment?
4) Get inspired by others: Study people who are living their passions and see what you can learn from them. Read their biography; connect with them if possible reach out to them. What steps did they take to get where they are today? How did they overcome challenges and setbacks? Find a mentor.
5) Be curious: If you're not sure what your passion is, try following your curiosity. If you're drawn to a particular topic or activity, explore it further. Who knows where it might lead? The main thing is you start doing something. Have fun with the process or as the saying goes “enjoy the journey”
6) Take small steps: Finding your passion doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition. You can start by making small changes and trying out new things. If you're interested in writing, you could start by writing a blog or join a writing group. If you think you are interested in public speaking search out a group that meets to practice public speaking.
7) Don't give up: Finding your passion can take time, and it might not happen overnight. Many people have gotten discouraged along the way if they don't find it right away. If this happens to you please don’t give up the rewards are worth it. Keep exploring and trying new things, and eventually, you'll find something that resonates with you.
8) You have found your passion! Now what? How to get started? Action, you must take action in order to make fulfilling your passion a reality. This might mean making changes to your career or personal life. It's worth it if it means you will be living a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Don't be afraid to take risks to follow your dreams. I remind you, as the saying goes, "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." The reward will be well worth it. So, go out and find your passion, and then chase it with all your heart.
Wendy’s words for you…. It has been my pleasure writing this blog for you. I hope you do find your passion. I have been fortunate in my life, I did find my passion and I had a very fulfilling career. Retirement created a big change for me. I looked at it as an opportunity to do a deep dive to find out what I am passionate about at this stage of my life? I took a year or so to really evaluate myself, what did I want to do for the rest of my life? How can I live my best life ever? What am I interested in? Lots of research later I discovered my passion. Whoo! I have discovered the wonderful world of writing these inspirational blogs. When I write them it is like pushing the refresh button in my mind. I hope I am creating positive change in your life and bringing some inspiration and encouragement to you. It would be wonderful to know your are living your best life, please comment below inspiring ways your are following your passion or ways you would like have more joy in your life.