Have You Tried Pickleball Yet?
Pickleball is a relatively new sport, and it is a game played with good sportsmanship. Pickleball has been described as a sport combining 3 commonly played sports, ping pong, tennis and badminton. Have you played ping pong, tennis or badminton? If so your chances of quickly catching on to the game are greater.
The game is played on a badminton-sized court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes. The object of the game is to hit the ball over the net and onto the other side of the court.
Pickleball is a fast-paced, easy-to-learn game that can be played by people of all ages and abilities. It is a great way to be active, socialize, and have fun. Moving to a new area? Want to meet new people? One really good way is to get involved in what is going on in your new area. Joining a pickleball league is a great way to, meet new people and become part of a group.
With the increasing focus on physical and mental health, many people are turning to pickleball as an enjoyable form of exercise. It is also a great way to stay in shape, as it is low-impact and easy on the body.
The game can be played as singles, so you only need to enlist one other person to join you in a game. It is also played as a game of doubles, this adds an extra dimension of skill and comradeship to the game. It is perfect for family fun, as it can be played by players of different ages and skill levels.
Pickleball is a great way to get active and stay healthy. It is easy to learn, fun to play, and can provide a great workout. With its growing popularity, you can find pickleball courts in many cities and towns, so it’s easy to find a place to play. . It can be played both outdoors or indoors if weather is a concern in your area. Whether you’re looking for a fun game to play with friends or a way to stay in shape, pickleball is the perfect sport for you.
Pickleball is a good sportsmanship game to play. It is important to be respectful and courteous to the people you are playing with as well as the spectators.
Here are 10 Good Sportsman practices to follow:
1) Remember Pickleball is only a game you are there to have fun.
2) Begin each game by acknowledging the people you are playing with, be friendly introduce yourself to unknown players in your group.
3) Do not use foul language or obscene gestures.
4) Detrimental comments during the game are not acceptable.
5) Never criticize your opponents nor your partner’s play
6) Speak positively and respectfully at all times.
7) Be encouraging to others and complimentary on outstanding shots or on a really good game.
8) Good sportsmanship is the rule.
9) Avoid taking advantage of a person’s physical disadvantage.
10) Play with all skill levels ensuring to play both players equally.
Please remember to use your best sportsmanlike behavior.
Benefits of Playing Pickleball:
1) Low Impact Exercise: Pickleball is a low impact sport that is easy on the joints, and the rest of the body. A great game appealing to a wide range of people, from kids to seniors.
2) Increases Social Activity: It is competitive as well as very social. Pickleball is a great way meet new friends and to socialize with friends on and off the court. There is the availability to join a league and become part of a social group.
3) Improves Hand-Eye Coordination: Pickleball requires quick reflexes and hand-eye coordination which can help improve overall coordination.
4) Improved Mental Acuity: Pickleball can help boost your mental acuity and focus.
5) Inexpensive: Compared to some other sports, the cost to play pickleball is usually minimal. Your equipment costs are low they include one paddle and some balls. Leagues and court fees are usually very reasonable.
6) Challenging: It is suggested the game can be addictive as it requires you to practice. It is easy to learn and yet difficult to learn all the skills involved to improve your game.
7) Fun: Pickleball is a lot of fun, easy to learn and can provide hours of entertainment for the whole family. There is usually lots of friendly banter back and forth adding to the appeal of the game.
8) Unplugged: It is a time to become unplugged from the world, put the phone away and enjoy the company of friends and family. A time for Grandparents to connect with Grandchildren on a fun level.
Wendy’s words for you…….
I have played pickleball and I really enjoy it. If you have a pickleball facility in your area I urge you to give it a try. It’s a great way to get involved and have fun. If you are unsure about trying pickleball because you don’t know how, there are many people that love the game and are willing to teach new people how to play the game. Make the call, or show up and ask about getting involved. It could open up a whole new way of life for you.
Please join my website www.hummingbirdandowl.com for more motivational blogs like this one. Send me a comment I would love to hear from you.